May 4, 2013

Barry Sanders one of the Best Running Backs of All Time

This week a video highlight reel has surfaced of the greatest, in my opinion, of all time running backs from prep school to the NFL. His career seemed short and we can all blame this on the Detroit Lions and their apparent refusal to allow Mr. Sanders to be traded or aline their team with some help in order to help him win a championship.

Just watch the video of some of his playing career at Wichita North High School. Just watching this shows you how great he will become. I am glad to say that I worked at a well known supermarket right next door to his high school so I was fortunate enough to see Barry at times along with his parents when they would come in to shop.



So what do you think? He was on the Tonight show a few nights ago and I regret that I had it on but got interrupted and missed his dialogue with David Letterman.

Barry truly was one of the greatest to ever carry the ball out of the backfield and into opposing players. He had moves like Michael Jackson on stage that would make a well known linebacker or strong safety look foolish.

I miss watching a good running back like Sanders, Peyton and Marcus Allen. They were fun to watch and I looked forward to the games they played each Sunday even though Marcus was the only one that played for my NFL team, the Kansas City Chiefs.

I hope that the surviving ones that played like these guys did are all doing well in life and that life is treating them fair. I sometimes think about what kind of head trauma they could be experiencing from all the blows they took in each and every game.

We'd like to hear from you so leave your comments below and tweet it out to your followers and send to your Facebook friends and family.
***