Sep 22, 2010

Adding Something Unique To Your Fantasy Football League Can Spice Things Up

This guest post from Josue Nichols


What's the best part about your fantasy football league? Is it the trash talking that goes overboard year after year? Is it winning and being able to brag about it to the league? Is it coming back and beating an opponent by .05 points? Is it something unique that your fantasy football league offers? For my league, it's the high point rule. Since a lot of fantasy football is based on luck in regards to who you're playing, the high point rule means that the person who scored the most that week will get a $50 bonus. I think that's pretty cool. When commercials come on during the game, I run into the computer room and log-on to my hughes internet to see who the current high point leader is. I know that if I at least win the high point side challenge, I'm ahead for the week - even if I lose my match-up.



It's always a good idea to add something unique to your league using satilite internet. This will keep people interested. Another great idea is the rename rule. A lot of leagues use this and it's a lot of fun. If you beat a team by 50 points, you're allowed to rename them to whatever you want. And if your league uses logos, you can change that, too. In many fantasy football leagues, this is what people look forward to most.
***